- Diplomatic Red Cross Bazaar
- Red Cross Bazaar 2009-2010
Diplomatic Red Cross Bazaar
Since the Thai Red Cross Society was established as the “Red Unalom Society” in 1893 to later become in 1921 a member of the International Red Cross under its present name, fund raising has been an essential activity. Apart from the annual Government subsidy, the Society is entirely dependent on voluntary fund-raising its numerous humanitarian causes.
In 1996, the wives of Ambassadors accredited to Thailand accepted an invitation to participate in the Society’ s fund raising activities. Originally quite a small group, they formed a Diplomatic Participants Committee and as part of the annual Thai Red Cross Fair raised funds by selling their national handicrafts and other products.
As the number of diplomatic participants increased, space and security became greater problems and it was decided therefore, 1974 , to hold a separate diplomatic fair in the ground between the Amnuaynoratham Building and Boribatra Building and later it was moved to the Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute and in 2002 was move to the ground of the Royal House hold Bureau and at present was move to the Royal Paragon Hall, Siam Paragon Shopping Complex.